THE GOLD BANGLE - THE UNIVERSE ANSWERS.

 

I am not really  fond of gaudy ornaments. I will always prefer to keep it simple. I don’t like shiny embellishments, I firmly believe it will go against my dusky complexion. We weren’t allowed to wear bangles or gaudy earrings at  school and hence when I wear any of these post my schooling, I would feel uneasy.

This doesn’t necessarily mean I despise those, sometimes I am fond of earrings (jhumukas, long colorful ones). I cant wear it for long though. My indulgence in buying those fancy earrings are on the rise these days. I have consciously decided to stop myself from these frivolities. My recent favourite is the one, my friends gifted me for my wedding, a beautiful gold jhumuka. They dangle and sway as I move. It is heavy that I have to remove it every single time when I lie down.  

Maybe due to the pregnancy hype for bangles,  I wanted to wear simple yet elegant gold bangle. The one my parents gave me during my marriage wasn’t my choice. I did not bother much because I was sure I will not wear it often. I told kalyan, he took me to few shops, but to see the enormous price for some two metal rings were alarming for me. I did not pick any.

Post marriage, I have  developed a complex that I am not good enough in terms of money. I don’t know how exactly to deal with this, but then I felt  to spend so much for two metal circles is insanity.

 Back at Chennai, We were on some gold flexi plan and it was about to mature in two months. It was begun for some other purpose. Coincidentally Appa  took me  to the shop,  he paid the two months due and he asked for my preference,  I picked a bangle type bracelet, with no hesitation. I was not guilty of it,  rather it was more of a joyous moment.

 I might not like it in few months time,  perhaps I will not wear it everyday but the instant in which appa egged me to the shop, made me feel like a kid who has got its toy which he has been eyeing upon.  I did not have second thoughts,  I am glad at the ease of its natural occurrence.

There is sheer joy, when something you wished happen on its own, without you uttering it. The Universe answers.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE AT HOME?

How do we measure someone’s kindness?

Postpartum Blues