A Letter Yet to be Delivered.

 

A letter to my mother.

30/04/2022.

Amma, I am married. I am sure you should be happy. A guy who took education very seriously and an Anna University Grad, who fought his way up and brought a change to his life. I am sure you will like him and boast about his achievements or whatever.  I am glad for this very reason that I found him.

It is six years ma. As each year pass, I am scared if you are moving distant, time is fleeting. Every other day, I will want to ring you up and say, ma I made this today, I reached college, I am unwell, I missed my date and every other intricate detail.

I posted a random pic today and Madhan told me that I look beautiful like you. It was overwhelming ma. I don’t like to carry symbols of marriage, I hate to comb my hair nor to put efforts to present myself in the way the society wants. But if I am to depict you, I will do that. No qualms.

Amma, I am confident and assertive, I know what I want. But on the flip, I am trembling with fear. I am so lost in vagueness. I want to check on you, are you keeping well? Did you make friends there?  Are they treating you well? What do you do in leisure? Like, you don’t have to check on us 24*7, take enough rest.  Don’t skip breakfast, I learnt the values of fruits and vegetables lately. Eat lots of green. I am sure you should be healed by now.  Put a hi for me to your friends. I want to thank them for taking good care of you. Who bought you clothes ma? Currencies exist there? How do you commute ma? Where do you stay ma?

Amma, I will buy you all that I couldn’t get you then.

Amma. I will tell you all that is left unsaid.

Amma, I will cook for you, do the laundry. I have learnt so many things in domestic chore.

Amma, hands down you are great. You straddled between so many things. Impeccably catered to our needs. I love you more. You are irreplaceable and irreplicable. In all the little and big things I do, you are there. 

Amma, I am going to be mindful of what I eat. Amma, I will be a good girl. Amma, I am being patient too these days. Amma, I will squeeze you with my tight hugs. Hang in there, I will see you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE AT HOME?

How do we measure someone’s kindness?

Postpartum Blues