Food, Pregnancy and People!

 

Most of the times, I am overwhelmed by the little things people do for me, in my desperate state.

    I am a year old since my delivery, now that i recall my pregnancy process, i remember all the people who  participated in the process. Strangely all my memory concerns food. 

    When i was carrying, I used to be super hungry once I come home from college. There will be nobody at home, kalyan will be at his mother’s place, I will go straight to my friend Prathi’s house. She wouldn’t be there either. One such time prathi’s brother in law was in town, seeing me he was like “yenga, pasikudha?” (are you hungry? ) my face failed me, and poor thing he made a large glass of coffee and was like drink it up, he gave me three biscuit packets as well. It was an inexplicable feeling.  Every time, I think of this, I tear up. I don't find exact words to describe that feeling. 

     During my pregnancy, I think I longed so much for that warmth and comfort food. I had no access to cooked food, I couldn’t cook either (I had this nauseating thing), either me or Kalyan  will order food, I will be relentless till the food reaches me. I would be desperate.  

    I was treated with so much of love and warmth at college, the guardian angel Ancy will ask everyday about my choice of food, and meticulously prepare it the following day. she is magic and a blessing.  I will almost eat the food from every one in the department.  Prathap sir’s drumstick sambar, keerai kootu, porial; Jewilla ma’am’s soya chunk curry; Swathi ma’am’s roti and bindi fry; Lokesh sir’s curd rice; Preethi ma’am’s kadalai curry;  Swetha ma’am’s payasam are to die for. I have savoured every bit of it. Our day at college begins at 8, as the day drags itself to lunch I will be fully fueled up. my lunch menu will be from the cuisine of  different states. These are the greatest memories I am becoming more fond of.


    Amma, used to say proverbs and quote things often. She emphasizes on the value of good kind hearted friendships by saying the following thirukural.

            உடுக்கை இழந்தவன் கைபோல ஆங்கே
            இடுக்கண்  களைவதாம்  நட்பு.  

 in English, 

            “There is no greater act than friendship; there is no greater security                    to life than that”

    Back then, i only knew a handful of people in Bangalore. The support and love, that came from unexpected sources, that expect no return is wholesome and pure. 

    And my favourite sir's mother and wife at Chennai, made me pickle, thokku and lot of snacks and sent it across  to Bangalore through my sister. My sister prepared this enormous box of tomato thokku, which i will just plainly gulp. Appa made this tempting muruku and jamun. Despite being naive at cooking, Kalyan did his best to cook me food.  

So i just ate and ate, became super flabby and now i am hoping to reduce my weight. 

      So, yeah! It was just me and Kalyan throughout  my pregnancy, my friends  in Chennai used to ask me, "how are you pulling it off?"   I genuinely think, Somehow people around us pushed it forward.

 

I am forever indebted to the little things done by people around me.💗 

Food is an emotion, anyone who cooks and offers the same, with love is god.🍲😋🥘🥫

And now i realize, happy tummy, happy me and hence happy Thulir. 😇😃🐤👼🚼💛

Comments

  1. Will continue to treat you with the best food always 🤗 love you 😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE AT HOME?

How do we measure someone’s kindness?

Postpartum Blues